Want to talk to one of our specialists?
Carpet, a timeless flooring option
for every Gold Coast home.
Carpet is still one of the most affordable and durable flooring products.
At Cross Carpets, our passion lies in providing natural flooring and carpet on the Gold Coast. We strive to go the extra mile to provide the best solution for your carpeting needs. We specialise in natural flooring, our extensive carpet range includes wool, goat and yak carpets in a huge selection of styles, colours and textures. We also offer synthetic carpets. We can work with any budget, to provide beauty, luxury, comfort and performance to your property for many years to come.
Visit our Gold Coast showroom with your decor items and floor plans so we can help you select from our range of high-quality natural carpets, and help make the right flooring decision for you.
How to choose your carpet
We have simplified it for you
Choosing carpet comes down to a series of personal choices. There are many elements you need to consider before making a final decision these include lifestyle, functionality, style, fibre, texture, pattern, quality and colour.
We make it our priority to find the carpet you’re looking for. Allow one of our dedicated flooring consultants to help make the decision easier for you, book an appointment at our showroom in Southport where you can be guided through our extensive carpet library.
Download our step by step process
Carpet Styles & Textures
Why Choose Wool Carpet?
Wool is the king when it comes to comparing carpet fibres. Over the centuries, Mother Nature has evolved wool to protect sheep in all weather conditions, making wool nature’s superior and wonder fibre.
Here are just some of the reasons why we choose wool carpet:
- Wool is fire resistant, making it safer for everyone.
- Wool is a 100 % natural renewable fibre, it’s biodegradable, sustainable and all-round environmentally friendly.
- Wool is dirt-resistant and easy to clean and maintain.
- Wool is hard-wearing, it retains its appearance for longer and therefore is more cost-effective.
- Wool is hypoallergenic, it’s great for asthmatics and allergy sufferers.
Importance of Quality Underlay
A good quality underlay not only makes your new carpet soft when walked on, but it extends the life of your carpet and can reduce energy costs. Underlay provides superior warmth, comfort and acoustic properties. To maximise the benefits and warranty of your new carpet, new underlay is recommended every time you purchase carpet.
Benefits of quality underlay:
- Underfoot comfort is improved
- Longevity of the carpet is improved
- Acoustic and thermal insulation properties are improved
- Crushing forces on the pile are absorbed